Friday, January 5, 2007

QUICK NEWS- Ashley Tisdale/ High School Musical/ iTunes/ The OC

- Ashley Tisdale:

1. Ashley's going to be on Radio KOL on Monday at 1PM. Make sure you check it out!

2. Ashley has a BRAND NEW blog available on alloy.com. She'll be sharing her "fashion" tips and her life experiences, so visit here to access the blog

3. Warner Brothers has OFFICIALLY released "Headstrong" description and tracklisting! Make sure you buy it now! Check out the preordering site here

4. Ashley Tisdale has released 2 brand new Youtube videos... Check them out here:
And YES. Ashley CHEATED...
on Coffee Bean. LOL...
- High School Musical:

1. Bill Borden (a producer of "High School Musical") has recently did an interview with WorldScreen.com. It was a pretty interesting and revealing interview. In there, he talked about the beginning of High School Musical, and TONS of High School Musical 2 info. (including information about the long anticipated kiss... and the script!) Read out the interview here.

2. I FINALLY got tickets to go to the High School Musical concert! I will be attending the Anaheim Honda Center one in California on January 26. I will TRY (NOTE TRY) to get pictures and videos! :)

3. It seems like the High School Musical video game will come out on July 1. Please note this release date is NOT official yet. I'll keep you updated on that as soon as more information begins to come in!

- iTunes:
1. iTunes has recently added, "The Cheetah Girls", and the ENTIRE AIRED season 1 of "Ugly Betty"

- The OC:

1. Last night's episode, sadly only raised for 3.94 million of viewers. But hopefully, next week will be better...

2. You can check out the next week's episode preview:

3. Here are some more information about the Save the OC program:

E-mailing:

E-Mail FOX: askfox@fox.com
FOX Address: The OC
P.O. Box 900
Attn: FOX BROADCASTING Publicity Dept.
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900
Email CW: feedback@cwtv.com

P.S. It is very important that you email both networks. You should send land mail and e-mail to FOX at the above address and email the CW on their email address above because they don’t have a land mail system, please do it as soon as you can!

Here's an example of what the email should be like:

Please, please tell me that you are going to put me out of my misery and consider picking up The OC and running it on the CW Network. I can not even begin to tell you how devastated I am by the Fox Networks complete and utter disregard for the fans of The OC. The posted their own Save the OC Poll which it last count was upwards of 330,000 votes, they requested that all the fans of the show, show their support and email Fox all of the reasons that we love the OC. What did Fox do with this information, absolutely nothing, because as you are well aware I’m sure 4.5 Million people don’t amount to much, well at least in Fox’s opinion we don’t. They didn’t even have the common decency to post the cancellation of the show on the Fox OC Board; they let all of the fans find out for themselves. I’m sorry that just blatant show of the worst disrespect I’ve ever seen. What was all of the hoop-la about? Can you tell me?
I’ve got news for the Fox Network; 4.5 million people are not nothing. I never intend to watch another program on the Network the longest day I’m alive. I only started watching their programming (American Idol) while waiting for the OC to come on. It started during the 2nd Season of American Idol; I started watching Idol while waiting for the OC to come on. Eventually I began to give Fox’s other shows a shot and soon after found that I was mostly watching Fox programming in support of the Network that carried by favorite show of all time.
From the start I was completely and utterly captivated by the OC. My love affair with the OC began in the Summer of 2003 when Fox was promoting the heck out of the show and I thought, hmmmmmm, this looks promising I’m going to have to tune in to find out what this is all about, I needed to find out what happened to that kid from Chino and his attorney. I watched the first episode and was and have been compelled to tune in every week thereafter to find out what happened next. I’m always on the end of my seat watching and I’m pretty sure holding my breath, even when I wasn’t thrilled with the storylines, I had to watch, it’s The OC. And I love The OC to pieces.
Why do I love The OC, where do I start, the actors, the writing, the storylines, the music, the settings and the attention to detail, the shout outs that call to mind a completely unrelated subject (they make me bark at the TV in hilarity, i.e., last episode, the story on Meerkats that the Cohen family was watching was a shout out to fans in the know who know that Ben in Junebug tried taped a Meerkat documentary for his wife), remain in my opinion unduplicated by any other program out there, the likes of which we will never see again and the very thought of it makes me heartsick. I find very difficult to even write this letter, it is bringing tears to my eyes and lump in my throat.
I world without the OC, oh please no. I’m not some psychotic fanatic, life is hard, I have a job that is hell on wheels, and I’m the Vice President of Administration of a Company. I’m completely stressed all the time, I have a life, I travel, socialize, I’m married and a generally a happy stressed out person. But at least when I’m having a bad week I know that for one night during the week I’ll will be transported from my troubles, problems and woes and completely entertained from start to finish and that means a lot to me as I’m sure it does others. It relaxes me, makes me laugh, cry, giggle, groan and snort and I’ll admit bark at the set once in a while.Over the years I have come to sincerely love these characters, the way that they are written and the amazing talent displayed by the actors themselves, they breathe such life into them, that they’re real to all of us fans. I can’t imagine never having them enter my home again after February 22, 2007, that thought gives me a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. What to say about all of them, Ryan (Ben McKenzie) the range of emotions this guy is able to convey without uttering a sound, he’s so amazing at the non-verbal stuff, and that’s not an easy Josh set for him, and he nails every time. And he’s just so great at deadpan, cracks me up. He’s brought such warm and honesty to this tough kid from Chino with a heart of gold, that little sideways look/glare and that smile when it lights up his face makes everyone feel good. Then there’s Sandy (Peter Gallagher) what I can say, I love him, doesn’t everyone wish they knew Sandy Cohen, boy he could sell any used car in a lot, he’s present in the scene, he’s just so Sandy. Julie (Melinda Clark) what can’t this woman do, comedy, drama, she’s just delicious. And Adam Brody (Seth), he and Rachel Bilson (Summer), just magical together on scene, and nothing beats Seth/Ryan time, nothing. Kirsten (Kelly Rowan) she brings such needed warm to every scene she’s in, she’s golden. The new characters, Taylor (Autumn Reeser) hilarity at it’s finest and her chemistry with Ryan is undeniable. It must be said that I didn’t like Kaitlyn (Willa Holland) in Season 3, but this season, loving her, underneath what we thought was a mean streak is actually a soft heart, she’s Julie’s daughter completely!
This said, I now have to tell you about the Overseas Fans of the show, they must be included they’re such good friends of mine and have been for a very long time. They have no say in our rating system here, but they must be mentioned, they’re wonderful people, from Australia, Canada, England, Germany, South Africa…..etc. Warner Brothers needs to recognize that these people are fans too and they’re out there downloading the episodes as soon as they can because they can’t wait to find out what happens next. Actually that’s not good enough for some of my friends and immediately following the show I have to email them a blow by blow description of the nights show, then they download and then watch it again when it’s in their country and then run out to the store or get on line as soon as the DVD is available to order it. JUST LIKE THE FANS HERE DO!!!!
When I originally started watching the OC I didn’t realize how addicted I would become but around about the 6th episode I started recording it as well as watching, now I actually watch, TIVO and tape the show so there’s no way I don’t have a copy of the episode and then I buy it on DVD when it becomes available. So when the 1st Season ended, I thought I can’t wait till October to get the DVD to see it again, I need to be able to watch this again and again all summer. I quickly went on line to EBay and got a hot copy (before they were pulled), paid for it and watched it and watched it and watched. I then gave the DVD to all of my friends and family to watch, I must’ve gotten at least 20 additional people to watch the show this way, all now as addicted as me by the timeSeason 2 rolled around. (They just kept passing it around and I still don’t know where that ended up.) This really doesn’t matter because a hot copy isn’t good enough I have to have the official WB copy. After having relayed all of this can you see how we are how much we love this show?
Now to point out where Fox went wrong, Season 2 on in November after baseball and well after people had made their viewing decisions for the season. Big mistake. Season 3 they realized they were wrong so they started it before baseball and stopped it for it and then moved the night to further muck up the works. Fox then promised fans that if the show didn’t do well they would move it back. They didn’t, can you see the handwriting on the wall here. Fox just plain stopped caring about the show and/or doing anything to support it.
Well I hope they’re happy with the decision because they’ve lost more than a few fans with their decision to cancel the OC, No OC no Fox for me. I truly believe that the place for the OC is the CW Network. You guys try harder, you know how to support a show, and you show re-runs. Pick up the show, put it on after One Tree Hill or before they are the perfect shows to follow each other. I never watched One Tree Hill or Smallville, but the CW Network knows how to rope in new fans, you guys ran re-runs of those shows on Sunday nights to draw in other viewers and that’s how I got sucked in. There are 57 channels on, on Sunday nights and nothing on. It was perfect and I was hooked. Now I promise you this, that should the CW Network grant me my hearts desire and support my favorite show of all time (just to put it in perspective I’ve never written to a Television Network in my life till I had to fight for the OC) I am prepared to support the CW Network and in any and every way that I can and bring a few million of my friends with me. I already watch Smallville, I don’t watch Supernatural anymore because it’s on at the same time as the OC. Please, please pick up me show, it’s not time for its demise yet, it’s such an excellent show, there’s not a lot of that around.
Please, please allow me the opportunity to say “Welcome to the CW…….Switch”
Cathy Tallarico

No comments:

Post a Comment